Columbia Heights, MN Real Estate
Simply make your selection and see instant results within your price range:
Welcome to Columbia Heights, MN
Located in Anoka County, just north of Minneapolis and to the east of the Mississippi River is the suburb of Columbia Heights, MN. With a population of around 20,000 people, Columbia Heights is one of the older suburbs of Minneapolis, separating from Fridley in 1898 and adopting its own city charter in 1921, Today, Columbia Heights is a diverse residential community that has all types of housing, from modern condos and townhomes to historic craftsman style single family homes.
Purchasing Columbia Heights real estate means that homeowners enjoy a small community but are just minutes from the bustle of Minneapolis due to the close proximity to Interstate 94 to the west and Interstate 35 to the east.
Living and Working in Columbia Heights
Due to its area, many residents commute to Minneapolis to work, though much of 40th Avenue and Central Avenue are zoned for businesses. In addition to working in Minneapolis, many people go there for recreation as locations like Target Field, Target Center, and Guthrie Theater are only about 15 minutes away.
Local Recreation in Columbia Heights
Residents of Columbia Heights do have access to several parks in town as well as a recreation facility, including:
- Kordiak Park, located along Highland Lake, offers a lovely walking path and pretty scenery.
- Keyes Park features sledding hills and an ice skating rink as well as playground equipment.
- Murzyn Hall & Hylander Center both offer adult exercise classes, senior citizens programs, and youth programs, including basketball, gymnastics, and art and theater.
- Heights Theater is a historic 1926 theater showing classic and independent films.
Shopping & Dining
Popular local eateries and restaurants include:
- Filfillah Middle Eastern Restaurant
- Sarna’s Classic Grill
With Interstates 694, 94, and 35 all close, there are plenty of shopping opportunities in the surrounding areas of Minneapolis and Roseville.
Schools in Columbia Heights
Columbia Heights has its own school system which consists of 5 schools and serves over 3,000 students. All homes and residences in this area are zoned for Columbia Heights Public Schools, which consist of:
- Highland Elementary
- North Park Elementary
- Valley View Elementary
- Columbia Heights Academy
- Columbia Heights High School
If you are considering private schools, there are several options in and around the town, including:
- Immaculate Conception School (PK-7)
- St. Elizabeth Seton School (K-8)
- St Charles Borromeo School (PK-8)
- Al-Amal School (PK-12)
- Totino-Grace High School (9-12)
Contact Us for Columbia Heights Homes for Sale
If you are interested in buying a home in Columbia Heights or selling existing property, contact the team at Stutsman Realty, Inc. We have over 25 years of experience working with clients across the Twin Cities and connecting people with their dream home! Reach out to us today at (952)927-4144 or fill out our contact form to get started!