Minnetonka Beach Homes for Sale
Simply make your selection and see instant results within your price range:
Area Information on Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach
The city of Minnetonka as well as Minnetonka Beach are both located in Hennepin County, Minnesota.
As of the 2010 Census, the city’s population was just shy of 50,000 while Minnetonka Beach’s population was about 539.
The names for the two communities comes from the Dakota Native Americans’ words mni tanka, which means “great water.”
In fact, the land was initially settled by the Dakota and Ojibway Native Americans in part because of its proximity to Lake Minnetonka.
By the 1800s, Europeans were exploring the land and by 1851, the Dakota had sold the land to the United States with the Treaty of Traverse des Sioux.
Over the years, the Minntonka and Minnetonka Beach area has been home to many industries, including farming and, later, industrialization.
Today, several major companies are headquartered in the area, including Cargill, Carlson Companies, AmeriPride Services and United Healthcare.
Education in Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach
The city and beach are served three independent school districts:
- The Hopkins School District, which covers the central and eastern part of the city
- The Minnetonka School District, which covers the western part of the city, south of the beach
- The Wayzata School District, which covers an area along the northern boundary of the city
These school districts include:
- Clear Springs Elementary
- Scenic Heights Elementary
- Deephaven Elementary School
- Excelsior Elementary School
- Minnewashta Elementary School
- Gatewood Elementary
- Glen Lake Elementary
- Hopkins North Junior High
- Hopkins West Junior High
- Minnetonka Middle School East
- Minnetonka Middle School West
- Hopkins High School
There are also several private schools in and around the Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach area, including:
- Accell Academy
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School
- Minnetonka Christian Academy
- Heritage Christian Academy
- Cedarcrest Academy
- The Blake School
- Breck School
- Groves Academy
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s School
- Torah Academy of Minneapolis
- Minneahaha Academy
- St. Paul Academy
- Providence Academy
Spend Your Free Time in Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach
Regardless of what your interests are, you’re sure to find a venue that suits them quite well in the Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach areas.
Here are just some of the recreational amenities located in and around these communities:
- Donahoe North Park
- Fish Lake Regional Park
- Timber Crest Forest Park
- Bass Lake
- And more!
Plus, you’re conveniently close to all of the shopping and dining attractions that the nearby city of Minneapolis has to offer!
Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach Homes for Sale
When you do, we’ll provide you with even more information about what it’s like to live in these Hennepin County communities as well as tell you about available Minnetonka and Minnetonka Beach homes for sale!
In the meantime, you may want to check out some of our Minnesota home-buying tools online – all of which are free! These include: