Fall is on the way. In fact, it’s less than two weeks away, so get out while you can and enjoy these warmer temperatures! As you prepare your home for the upcoming winter months, you may find yourself on a ladder cleaning gutters, looking at your roof, or attending to windows. Every year there are over 164,000 emergency room visits in the US relating to ladders (Ross, 2011). There are over 300 ladder related fatalities every year (American Ladder Institute, 2011). Do not take shortcuts. Below are a few tips from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (2011) to h...
The following submission was created by Mike Collins at ICC Restoration & Cleaning Services, a resource listed for you in our business directory.
Water damage is a leading cause of property damage. Between 2007 and 2009, water caused approximately $9.1 billion in annual homeowner policy property losses. In fact, according to the American Insurance Association, water damage claims are the leading claim of homeowners insurance (www.leakdefensesystem.com/Water...
Summers in Minnesota are precious in length. It is a wonderful time to get out and enjoy all of our fabulous parks and lakes, and to reconnect with individuals in your area. It is also a time to take simple steps to address safety – both for your home, yourself and your loved ones.
The following is submitted with permission from the St. Louis Park Police Department.
For media questions ONLY – please contact:
Jamie Zwilling, City of St. Louis Park
Home ownership is a significant investment for most. It is very important to obtain sound and professional advice in any real estate transaction. Below is a list of questions to help guide you in chosing your own real estate professional.
1. How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job? While experience is no guarantee of skill, real estate — like many other professions — is mostly learned on the job.
2. How many homes did ...
The following submission was created by Diane Hennen, Allied Member ASID at Euro Nest, a resource listed for you in our business directory.
The way we live and what is happening has influenced the color trends. Last year the Pantone 2010 color of the year was Turquoise. This served as an escape for many . The new Pantone 2011 color of the year is Honeysuckle which emboldens us to face everyday troubles with verve and vigor.
Honeysuckle is an intense reddish pink color can lift our spirits...
1. Decide what you can afford. Generally, you can afford a home equal in value to between two and three times your gross income.
2. Develop your home wish list. Then, prioritize the features on your list.
3. Select where you want to live. Compile a list of three or four neighborhoods you’d like to live in, taking into account items such as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
4. Start saving. Do you have enough money saved to qualify for a mortgage ...