“Dreams are free, so free your dreams.” ~Terri Guillemets
Loan terms, rates, and products can vary significantly from one company to the next. When shopping around, these are a few things you should ask about (National Association of Realtors, 2020).
- What are the most popular mortgages you offer? Why are they so popular?
- Are your rates, terms, fees, and closing costs negotiable?
- Do you offer discounts for inspections, home ownership classes, or automatic payment set-up?
- Will I have to buy private mortgage insurance? If so, how much will it cost, and how long will it be required?
- What escrow requirements do you have?
- What kind of bill-pay options do you offer?
- What would be included in my mortgage payment (homeowners’ insurance, property taxes, etc.)?
- Which type of mortgage plan would you recommend for my situation?
- Who will service this loan—your bank or another company?
- How long will the rate on this loan be in a lock-in period? Will I be able to obtain a lower rate if the market rate drops during this period?
- How long will the loan approval process take?
- How long will it take to close the loan?
- Are there any charges or penalties for prepaying this loan?
- How much will I be paying total over the life of this loan?
This article, or any other corresponding promotional material(s), is in no way intended to be a comprehensive assessment.
Please contact Stutsman Realty directly to discuss your real estate goals!
National Association of Realtors. Questions to ask when choosing a lender. https://magazine.realtor/sales-and-marketing/handouts-for-customers/for-buyers/questions- to-ask-when-choosing-a-lender. Retrieved online July 10, 2020.