Bancroft Minneapolis Real Estate for Sale
Welcome to Bancroft in the Powderhorn District
The Bancroft neighborhood in Minneapolis is one of eight neighborhoods making up the Powderhorn community. Nestled within the borders of 38th Street and 42nd Street to the north and south, and Chicago Avenue and Cedar Avenue to the west and east, it’s proximity to both I-35 west and the 38th Street light rail station make it convenient and sought after. While you can easily go to Downtown Minneapolis or spend a day shopping at the Mall of America, you don’t need to go too far from Bancroft in order to find everything you need and want. Though most of the neighborhood consists of single family homes, there are still plenty of small grocers, local restaurants, and outdoor activities to keep you close to home.
Like the Bryant and Standish neighborhoods, purchasing one of the homes for sale in Bancroft means you’re most likely buying a bit of history. This area grew rapidly between 1910 and 1925, and the homes reflect this through bungalow and craftsman stylings. In fact, many of the homes feature arched doorways, original woodwork and flooring, and fireplaces.
Bancroft Neighborhood Amenities & Recreation
Part of the joy of buying a home is being a part of your neighborhood and community, and there’s plenty in and around Bancroft to experience, from outdoor activities to local food and nightlife.
- Located just over a mile to the southeast is Lake Hiawatha and Hiawatha Golf Course. With a public golf course and a 45-acre lake and park that has play areas, walking paths, and a swimming pool, this is a great spot to spend the day.
- Lake Nokomis is just south of Lake Hiawatha and has softball fields, a large beach area, sailing, a community center, and playground.
- Lake Harriet Bandshell Park is only 2.5 miles west of the Bryant neighborhood and has live bands and movie nights during the summer plus the park and lake area have beach spaces, water activities, play areas, and walking paths.
Shopping & Dining
There are several local businesses around the neighborhood that are great for shopping, getting a bite to eat, or having a drink with friends.
Restaurants & Cafes
- Smoke in the Pit
- The Tiny Diner
- Mama Sheila’s House of Soul
- Blackbird (farm to fork)
- Revival (Southern specialties)
Pubs & Bars
- Nighthawks Diner
- Pat’s Tap Gastropub
- Iron Door Pub
For necessities, Guse Green Grocer, Seward Community Co-op, Tare Market, and Cub Community Market are all nearby.
The neighborhood’s proximity to I-35 and the light rail means you’re also only a few minutes from Downtown Minneapolis, making it easy to visit the Walker Art Museum, take in a show at the Guthrie Theater, or watch the Timberwolves at the Target Center
Schools in Bancroft
Bancroft real estate is a part of Minneapolis Public Schools and the neighborhood is served by:
- Bancroft Elementary
- Northrop Elementary
- Sanford Middle School
- Justice Page
- Roosevelt Senior High School
For private education, nearby options include but are not limited to:
- Risen Christ Catholic School (K-8)
- King’s Christian Academy (PK-8)
- De La Salle High School (9-12)
- Academy of Holy Angels (9-12)
- Cretin Derham Hall (9-12)
- Avail Academy (K-12)
- The Blake School (PK-12)
- Breck School (PK-12)
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s (7-12)
- Minnehaha Academy (PK-12)
- Hope Academy (K-12)
Contact Stutsman Realty for Bancroft Real Estate Today
If you are ready to look at homes for sale in Bancroft or another neighborhood in Minneapolis, please call Stutsman Realty, Inc. at 952-927-4144. We have helped buyers find their dream home in the Twin Cities and the surrounding area since 1992 and look forward to helping you, too. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.