Bryant Minneapolis Real Estate for Sale
Welcome to Bryant in Minneapolis
The Bryant neighborhood is one of eight neighborhoods that make up the Powderhorn district in southern Minneapolis. It’s borders are made up by I-35 and Chicago Avenue to its west and east and 38th Street and 42nd Street to its north and south.
Named for American poet and abolition advocate, William Cullen Bryant, the neighborhood was founded in 1887 and was fully developed by 1930. You’ll notice, if you’re looking at Bryant real estate, that many feature craftsman and bungalow stylings. Many of the homes in the neighborhood were built between 1910 and 1925 and still have the hardwood floors, wood built-ins and millwork, and fireplaces. Today, the neighborhood consists almost exclusively of single-family homes.
Bryant Amenities & Recreation
When you’re buying a home, you’ll want to buy a place that is convenient to work, necessities, and recreation. Fortunately, investing in Bryant real estate puts you close to everything you may need and want to do, from taking advantage of the outdoors in warm months to finding a new favorite restaurant.
- Located just two miles east is Lake Hiawatha and Hiawatha Golf Course. This popular spot has a 45-acre lake with walking paths, a public golf course, swimming pool, play areas, beach space, and even an interactive sculpture area.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Park is just on the other side of I-35 in Kingfield making it easy to walk to and has an indoor recreation center, sport fields and basketball courts, plus an updated playground.
- Lyndale Park Rose Garden by Lake Harriet features a beautiful rose garden with 3,000 plants and a Florentine fountain.
- Lake Harriet Bandshell Park is only 2.5 miles west of the Bryant neighborhood and has live bands and movie nights during the summer plus the park and lake area have beach spaces, water activities, play areas, and walking paths.
Shopping & Dining
There are several local businesses around the neighborhood that are great for shopping, getting a bite to eat, or having a drink with friends.
Restaurants & Cafes
- Victor’s 1959 Cafe – A Cuban cafe with patio seating
- Blackbird – Farm-to-fork cafe
- Revival – Southern comfort foods
- The Tiny Diner
- Curran’s Family Restaurant
- The Lowbrow – Comfort food from locally sourced and sustainable sources
Pubs & Bars
- Nighthawks Diner
- Pat’s Tap Gastropub
- Iron Door Pub
For necessities, Guse Green Grocer, Seward Community Co-op, and Kowalski’s Market are all nearby.
The neighborhood’s proximity to I-35 means you’re just a few minutes from Downtown Minneapolis, so catching a Timberwolves game at the Target Center, a show at the Guthrie Theater, or going out on the town is easy.
Schools in Bryant
If you’re considering homes for sale in Bryant, this neighborhood is part of Minneapolis Public Schools and the neighborhood is served by:
- Green Central Park Elementary
- Bancroft Elementary
- Justice Page Middle School
- Washburn Senior High School
- Wellstone International High School
For private education, nearby options include, but are not limited to:
- Lake Country School (PK-8)
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s (7-12)
- Pilgrim Lutheran (PK-8)
- Cristo Rey Jesuit (9-12)
- King’s Christian Academy (PK-8)
- Annunciation School (K-8)
- Blake School (PK-12)
- Breck School (PK-12)
- DeLaSalle High School (9-12)
- Minnehaha Academy Upper School (PK-12)
- Availa Academy (K-12)
Schedule a Tour of Bryant Homes for Sale Today
If you want to purchase a home in the Bryant neighborhood of The Powderhorn District, please call Stutsman Realty, Inc. at 952-927-4144. We have helped buyers find their dream home in Minneapolis and the surrounding area since 1992 and are excited to work with you. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.