Bryn Mawr Homes for Sale
Bryn Mawr Neighborhood Information
Located on the far west side of Minneapolis, Bryn Mawr is a sought-after neighborhood in the Calhoun-Isles district. While many things make Bryn Mawr a stand out area, it’s shape is especially unique. Most neighborhoods, like Lowry Hill and Whittier, have their boundaries set by main roads and interstate highway lines, Bryn Mawr is separated by natural elements. Theodore Wirth Park and Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden are to the west, Cedar Lake is to the South, Bassett Creek is to the North, and Bryn Mawr Meadows Park is to the east. Beyond the natural boundaries, Downtown Minneapolis lies just to the east at the junction of Interstate 94 and Interstate 394.
Bryn Mawr offers residents one of the most convenient locations in the Twin Cities for proximity to recreation as well as proximity to major highways making a commute easy. However, the homes within the neighborhood are just as desirable as the location. The area was slower to grow than many of the neighborhoods, so you’ll find that Bryn Mawr real estate offers a delightful mix of quaint bungalows built in the early 1900s, craftsman and colonials of the 1930s and mid-century modern ramblers built in the late 1940s and 1950s.
Bryn Mawr Amenities and Recreation
Whether you want a home that puts you near your favorite parks and outdoor locations, or you want to be in the thick of the action of the city, you’ll find that Bryn Mawr has it all (or has it just a few blocks away!).
- Whether you want to go boating, enjoy a jog, play a round of golf, or hang out at the beach, you’re within a few minutes of all of it.
- Theodore Wirth Regional Park and Golf Course offers a public golf course and volleyball courts;
- Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden offers walking paths and trails with 500 plant species and 130 birds;
- Cedar Lake East Beach offers swimming, fishing, and boating;
- Kenwood Park has a community center, grassy space, and multiple sports facilities;
- Bryn Mawr Meadows Park features ice rinks in the winter, a playground, wading pool, bike path, and walking trails;
- Arts & Entertainment
Near Bryn Mawr, you’ll also be within a few minutes of the incredible museums, theaters, and venues of Minneapolis.
- Walker Art Center
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Target Center
- Guthrie Theater
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Minneapolis Convention Center
- Dining & Shopping
While Bryn Mawr is primarily a residential area, there are restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, and other spots all close by, including Bryn Mawr Pizza & Deli for a quick bite, The Kenwood Restaurant, La Mesa, and Cuppa Java. Just on the other side of Interstate 394 are all the cafes and restaurants along Hennepin Avenue in Lowry Hill and, of course, downtown Minneapolis is teeming with amazing places to eat or grab a drink.
Schools in Bryn Mawr
If you’re looking at homes for sale in Bryn Mawr, the nearby public schools are:
- Bryn Mawr Elementary
- Anwatin Middle School
- Southwest High School
Nearby private schools include:
- Breck School (PK-12)
- The Blake School (PK-12)
- Benilde-St.Margaret’s (7-12)
- Lake Country School (PK-8)
- Pilgrim Lutheran (PK-8)
- King’s Christian Academy (PK-8)
- Annunciation School (K-8)
- DeLaSalle High School (9-12)
- Minnehaha Academy Upper School (PK-12)
- Availa Academy (K-12)
Contact Stutsman Realty, Inc for Bryn Mawr Real Estate
If the Bryn Mawr neighborhood is a place you want to call home, please call Stutsman Realty, Inc. at 952-927-4144. We have helped buyers find their perfect home in Minneapolis and the surrounding area since 1992 and look forward to helping you find your dream home. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.