Central Minneapolis Real Estate for Sale
Welcome to Central Minneapolis Neighborhood
The Central neighborhood is one of eight neighborhoods that make up the Powderhorn district in southern Minneapolis. It’s borders are made up by I-35 and Chicago Avenue to its west and east and Lake Street and 38th Street to its north and south.
Like many of the surrounding neighborhoods, including Bryant and Lyndale, Central mainly consists of single-family homes which were built during the first quarter of the 20th century. If you’re looking at a historic home for sale, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a craftsman, bungalow, or even an ornate Queen Anne style home, and many still have the original hardwood floors, wood trim and millwork, and fireplaces. Just like the rest of Powderhorn, Central real estate is mainly residential with a few locally owned businesses and restaurants.
Bryant Amenities & Recreation
While the house itself is important, we also know that location is, too! Living in this area, you’re just a few minutes south of Downtown Minneapolis, and everything it offers, and there is plenty to do in and around the Central neighborhood, too, including outdoor fun and night spots.
- Just on the other side of Chicago Avenue is Powderhorn Park, which offers a recreation center with a lounge and gym, plus a playground, walking paths around the lake, and a splash pad. Neighborhood events and festivals are also held here.
- Located just a few miles southeast along 43rd Street is Lake Hiawatha and Hiawatha Golf Course. This popular spot has a 45-acre lake with walking paths, a public golf course, swimming pool, play areas, beach space, and even an interactive sculpture area.
- Lyndale Park Rose Garden by Lake Harriet features a beautiful rose garden with 3,000 plants and a Florentine fountain.
- Bde Maka Ska and Lake Harriet Bandshell Park lie just a few miles to the west, and both areas offer boating, swimming, miles of beautiful walking paths, beach areas, and movies and live concerts are held throughout the summer at the Bandshell.
Shopping & Dining in Central
Purchasing one of the Central homes for sale means you’ll be near some great local restaurants, bakeries, and pubs.
Restaurants & Cafes
- Modern Times
- Smoke in the Pit
- Ramen Kazama
- Five Watt Coffee
- Hola Arepa
- Victor’s 1959 Cafe
Pubs & Bars
- Chatterbox PubF
- Pat’s Tap Gastropub
- Nighthawk’s Diner & Bar
- Herkimer Pub & Brewery
- Schooner Tavern
When you need groceries, stop by Seward Community Co-Op, Target, Cub Foods, and Guse Green Grocer are all nearby.
Schools in Central
If you’re considering homes for sale in Central, this neighborhood is part of Minneapolis Public Schools and the neighborhood is served by:
- Green Central Park Elementary
- Justice Page Middle School
- Washburn Senior High School
- Wellstone International High School
For private education, nearby options include but are not limited to:
- Lake Country School (PK-8)
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s (7-12)
- Pilgrim Lutheran (PK-8)
- Cristo Rey Jesuit (9-12)
- King’s Christian Academy (PK-8)
- Annunciation School (K-8)
- The Blake School (PK-12)
- DeLaSalle High School (9-12)
- Minnehaha Academy Upper School (PK-12)
- Availa Academy (K-12)
Schedule a Tour of Central Homes for Sale Today
If you want to tour homes for sale in the Central neighborhood of Minneapolis, please call Stutsman Realty, Inc. at 952-927-4144. We have helped buyers find their dream home in Minneapolis and the surrounding area since 1992 and are excited to work with you. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and please contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.