Corcoran Minneapolis Real Estate for Sale
Corcoran Neighborhood Highlights in the Powderhorn District
The Corcoran neighborhood in Minneapolis is one of eight neighborhoods making up the Powderhorn community. Its borders are made by Cedar Avenue and Hiawatha Avenue (Highway 55) to the west and east, and Lake Street and 36th Street to the north and south. With the Mid-town and 38th Street light rail station, along with being just a few minutes from I-35, you can get anywhere you need to go fairly easily, including going Downtown, visiting the Mall of America in Bloomington, or going to the airport.
Corcoran itself has plenty to offer if you’re looking at homes for sale in South Minneapolis. Like neighboring Standish and Powderhorn Park, Corcoran is mainly residential, consisting of homes built between 1900 and 1920 that often feature traditional architecture, hardwood floors, and fireplaces.
Corcoran Amenities & Recreation
Homes for sale in the Corcoran neighborhood of Minneapolis are ideal for people who want to be near a variety of amenities without feeling crowded by the city. This area is very much a community and takes pride in the farmers’ markets, local art shows, and other events that take place here.
- Powderhorn Park is just a few blocks west and has a beautiful green space with a playground, sports fields, and walking paths, a recreation center with a lounge and gym, plus a lovely lake.
- Located less than a mile south is Lake Hiawatha and Hiawatha Golf Course. The 45-acre lake has a public golf course beside it, along with a playground, beach area, swimming pool, and walking paths. is a public golf course and a 45-acre lake and park that has play areas, walking paths, and a swimming pool, this is a great spot to spend the day.
- Lake Nokomis is just south of Lake Hiawatha and has softball fields, a large beach area, sailing, a community center, and playground.
Shopping & Dining
The diversity of the neighborhood means there are all types of amazing local restaurants, shops, and nightspots.
Restaurants & Cafes
- Himalayan Restaurant (Nepalese and Tibetan fare)
- All Square
- ie – Italian Eatery
- The Tiny Diner
- Matt’s Bar and Grill
- Mama Sheila’s House of Soul
- Hayat Restaurant
Pubs & Bars
- Merlin’s Rest Pub
- Schooner Tavern
- Chatterbox Pub
- Iron Door Pub
For necessities, Target is on the other side of Hiawatha Avenue, and local groceries include Guse Green Grocer, Seward Community Co-op, and Tare Market, nearby.
While there’s plenty around Corcoran to keep you occupied, you can also walk over to catch the light rail and go Downtown to the Walker Art Museum or go see a concert at the Guthrie Theater.
Schools in Corcoran
Corcoran real estate is a part of Minneapolis Public Schools and the neighborhood is served by:
- Andersen Community School (PK-8)
- Northrop Elementary
- Sanford Middle School
- South Senior High School
For private education, nearby options include, but are not limited to:
- Breck School (PK-12)
- Blake School (PK-12)
- Benilde-St Margaret’s (7-12)
- Academy of Holy Angels (9-12)
- DeLa Salle High School (9-12)
- Highland Catholic (PK-8)
- Lake Country (PK-8)
- Minnehaha Academy (PK-12)
Discover Cocoran Homes for Sale Today
If you feel like the Corcoran neighborhood of Minneapolis is where you want to call home, give us a call at 952-927-4144. We have helped buyers find their dream home in the Twin Cities and the surrounding area since 1992 and look forward to helping you, too. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.