Lowry Hill Real Estate For Sale
Lowry Hill Neighborhood Information
Home to Walker Art Center, the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, and of course, the symbolic Spoonbridge and Cherry, Lowry Hill is a well-known and well loved area of Minneapolis. Tucked into the wedge of I-94, Lyndale Avenue, and I-394, this neighborhood bridges the space between the hopping Downtown area and the beauty of the well known lakes, including Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska, and Cedar Lake. It’s not a neighborhood to pass through, though. In addition to the Walker Art Center, Lowry Hill is home to galleries, parks, and residential homes.
If you’re considering homes for sale in Lowry Hill, you’ll find a blend of modern, luxury townhomes near Hennepin Avenue and Walker Art Center, while the residential neighborhoods are lined with homes dating around the early 1900’s that feature large, well-manicured lots, original woodwork and stained glass.
Recreation and Amenities in Lowry Hill
Lowry Hill’s location means your favorite outdoor recreation and all the amenities of Downtown are within a few minutes. Best of all, living here means you can walk to the Sculpture Garden, Walker Art Center or Groveland Gallery with ease.
- Parade Ice Garden
- Lake of the Isles Park offers ice skating, canoeing, a picnic area, and an off-leash dog park;
- Bde Maka Ska features swimming, water sports, boating, plus a 3-mile loop of paths for walking, jogging, and cycling;
- Kenwood Park has multiple sports facilities, grassy spaces, and a community center;
- Loring Park is a site for summer art fairs and handcraft markets, plus walking paths, a small pond, and outdoor artwork;
- Theodore Wirth Golf Course is a public 18-hole golf course;
Nearby Venues and Features Near Lowry Hill
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Target Center
- Guthrie Theater
- Minnesota Orchestra
- Minneapolis Convention Center
- Dining & Shopping
If you want a bite to eat, you don’t even need to leave the neighborhood. While much of the area is residential, you can stop by Spyhouse Coffee for a delicious cup and a pastry, or The Lowry, which features classic American fare, craft cocktails, and outdoor dining, and of course, there are plenty of popular spots along Hennepin Avenue and in Downtown.
Schools in Bryn Mawr
If you’re looking at homes for sale in Bryn Mawr, the nearby public schools are:
- Kenwood Elementary
- Anthony Middle School
- Southwest High School
- Yinghua Academy (K-8 Public Charter)
Nearby private schools include:
- Breck School (PK-12)
- The Blake School (PK-12)
- Benilde-St.Margaret’s (7-12)
- Lake Country School (PK-8)
- Pilgrim Lutheran (PK-8)
- King’s Christian Academy (PK-8)
- Annunciation School (K-8)
- DeLaSalle High School (9-12)
- Minnehaha Academy Upper School (PK-12)
- Avail Academy (K-12)
- Ascension Elementary (K-8)
Contact Stutsman Realty, Inc for Lowry Hill Real Estate Information
If your dream home is in Lowry Hill, please call Stutsman Realty, Inc. at 952-927-4144. Since 1992, homebuyers around Minneapolis have relied on us to help them find their dream home, and we will be happy to help you, too. If you are already a resident, please make sure to connect with us and contact us if you are considering listing your current home on the market.